Now update your family tree from anywhere. New Family Tree Maker 2012 with TreeSync allows you to easily update your tree online from your desktop, your laptop, even your iPhone or iPad -- and then simply click to sync so your tree is always up to date, no matter where you or your loved ones access it next.
Whether you're a seasoned pro or just starting on your family tree, Family Tree Maker 2012 can help you create a family tree faster, easier, and better than ever before. The end result is a family history that you and your family will treasure for years to come.
What else is new in Family Tree Maker 2012 with TreeSync?
Sharing, organizing, and growing your family tree is easier with the new features in Family Tree Maker 2012.
- Easy-to-understand combined family viewThe family group view has a new "blended families" option that lets you display all of a couple's children in one location.
- Simplified interface for new usersIf you are upgrading from a previous version of Family Tree Maker (version 16 or earlier), Family Tree Maker will display a simplified user interface that looks more like the version you're accustomed to.
- Improved Smart StoriesWhen Family Tree Maker creates a Smart Story for you, the story now includes facts about the individual and his or her spouse and children.
- New and improved reportsFamily Tree Maker has two new reports: the Notes Report and the Index of Individuals Report. In addition, you can customize the descriptive sentences used in genealogy reports and Smart Stories.
- New chart optionsA new descendant chart option lets you show the relationship between two people you select. You can also display generation labels (such as parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents) and personalize charts with your own text.
- New tutorialsLearn how to do more like creating trees and using Ancestry.com featureswith new and improved tutorials accessible in the software.
And don’t forget the features you’ve come to rely on:
- Dynamic user interface that lets you quickly switch between important features.
- The ability to import data from other genealogy programs, including Personal Ancestry File, The Master Genealogist, and Legacy Family Tree.
- Powerful sourcing tools that let you document AND rate each of your citations.
- Interactive maps and lists that give you a bird’s-eye view of where members of your family come.
- Photo AND file management features so you can easily incorporate all types of media files into your charts and reports.
- Timelines that highlight personal, family, and world events.
- Easy-to-use tools for merging duplicate individuals, calculating dates, creating to-do lists, and more.
Use Ancestry.com and Family Tree Maker together to get the most out of both.
- Search the extensive record collections at Ancestry.com without ever leaving your family tree! And, when you find new records, you can quickly merge them into your tree.
- Take advantage of Ancestry HintsFamily Tree Maker automatically suggests records that may match people in your tree.
- Upload your tree to Ancestry.com and connect with millions of other family historians across the world.
- Share heirloom-quality books and attractive posters that you create with the self-publishing tool at Ancestry.com